Friday, November 20, 2009

Sew and Tell #2

I am probably blurring the lines here as this quilt was finished a month ago however I couldn't publish photos until I gave it to the recipient. So its now finally 'finished'. I got to visit my cousin yesterday and give her the quilt I made for her new baby girl. She is one beautiful baby and I got to have some lovely cuddle time.


I am very proud to say all the fabrics are from my stash and only the batting was purchased. My cousin didn't find out what she was having so I tried for 'gender neutral'. Before I put the binding on it was looking pretty 'boyish' but luckily I procrastinated over sewing the binding. By the time I got around to the binding the baby had been born and I knew it was a girl hence the lilac binding. Lately I have been using a 3inch binding which is nearly like another border. I leave 1/2 inch batting and binding all the way around to fill out the binding and give better wear and tear. I had the quilt professionally quilted in an all over meander which is also a great wash and wear design.

Check out all the other great things on show here










Have a great weekend! and for those of us in Australia lets hope we get some cooler weather soon.

14 comments:

Dee said...

What a fun, happy quilt! I like the way everything goes together and the binding is so cute!

Thanks for sharing such a fantastic Friday Finish!

The Tripp Family said...

beautiful quilt! I love the lilac binding choice, and the yellow polkadot fabric! Congrats on your new blog :) Keep it up!

tara said...

Great stash buster. I got your cool weather righthere. Sigh.

Sew It Up! said...

It's like two quilts in one. Very nice!

Pokey said...

Don't you love using up those scraps? This is so bright and cheery, it will be loved.

Nina... said...

This is one beautiful quilt. So happy and sweet. Great job!!

KQuiltyBee said...

Sometimes waiting until "Just in Time" works out well! I like the lavender.

amylouwho said...

How cute! And it totally counts as a finish! :)

Sara said...

Really pretty and happy quilt. Love the back...

antmee said...

I love your quilt. Your cousins new baby is one lucky little girl. Also, well done on your use of stash fabric.

Heather said...

Super cute! I'll bet the new mama just loves it. Great job! :o)

Leslie said...

wow, this is amazing!!! great job....and from your stash...that is impressive

Annette said...

So cute!! And one lucky little baby girl!

Rene' said...

Great baby quilt. Love the pattern. Looks so cozy. Thanks for sharing.