I am probably blurring the lines here as this quilt was finished a month ago however I couldn't publish photos until I gave it to the recipient. So its now finally 'finished'. I got to visit my cousin yesterday and give her the quilt I made for her new baby girl. She is one beautiful baby and I got to have some lovely cuddle time.
I am very proud to say all the fabrics are from my stash and only the batting was purchased. My cousin didn't find out what she was having so I tried for 'gender neutral'. Before I put the binding on it was looking pretty 'boyish' but luckily I procrastinated over sewing the binding. By the time I got around to the binding the baby had been born and I knew it was a girl hence the lilac binding. Lately I have been using a 3inch binding which is nearly like another border. I leave 1/2 inch batting and binding all the way around to fill out the binding and give better wear and tear. I had the quilt professionally quilted in an all over meander which is also a great wash and wear design.
Check out all the other great things on show here