Friday, November 27, 2009

Sew & Tell #3

Well it was a very close call whether I would finish anything this week. A total lack of motivation is to blame. I know I want to finish these things for Christmas but even that deadline wasn't working for me this week.

I did finish one of my table runners. It is made from a 'Wonderland' charm pack using a pattern from Moda Bake Shop called 'A Sweet Baby Quilt' by the very talented Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts. It came together very easy and I followed her quilting pattern. I really like it. The photos are pretty ordinary as it is night time and the light is poor.

What I am proud of is that I sewed the binding on by machine using the superb tutorial by Red Pepper Quilts. It worked a treat. For my first attempt I only had to fix up two corners (in a minor way, not major castrophe like I was expecting). If you would like to have a go at attaching your binding completly by machine you can find the tutorial HERE.




Check out other Sew and Tell entries over here.












13 comments:

Sew It Up! said...

This came out so pretty and I love the colors you used. I'll have to check out the pattern for this table runner. Do I really want to add to my "to do before Christmas list"? YES! :o)

Thanks for sharing!

KQuiltyBee said...

This is a lovely finish. I might have to try this pattern. Thanks for the show!

Dotty Jane said...

I really like that pattern and love your color choices. Congratulations on the successful binding! I'm too chicken to try it just yet.

Pokey said...

Very nice, I like your fabric choices!

Mrs Moen said...

I love your table topper, and the polka dot binding all done by machine!

Sara said...

Nice colors - and it turned out really nice.

Alisa said...

Nice runner. I'd love to have that on my table!

Diane said...

This is adorable! I love table runners.. they are such a great size to learn new things with! Love the tumbler pattern and fabric as well. Great job!

Leslie said...

this is a great finish...i love the wonderland fabrics

SueWis said...

This is soooo cute and I love the fabric you used for the binding!

tara said...

Awesome polka dot binding!

Kate said...

this runner came out nice! I have some extra strips left over from my Dresden plates I made recently; this pattern would work for them! Thanks for sharing.

Rene' said...

Great runner. I love that fabric. Great use of that pattern. I have seen the tutorial. I have also used Red Pepper's machine binding method. You did a great job!! Thanks for sharing.