Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sew & Tell

I am so happy to be participating in my first sew & tell held by Amy over here Friday Sew & Tell. I got this quilt finished this week. It is a cot quilt for a baby girl born on Monday. The quilt top had been made for a while and was just awaiting quilting and binding. The parents told us that it was a girl so I was very happy to make a girly quilt. The pattern is from an Alex Anderson book called 'Baby Quilts with Love'. I am very happy how it turned out. Please excuse the fold marks (for those who notice).




15 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful use of that large print fabric! And I love the triangles in the border. This is lovely!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I've never seen one that had the different size triangles in the borders. It makes it very interesting and the fabric is fabulous!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Wow so cool!! What an awesome quilt. Very cheerful and bright.

Heather said...

Fantastic! Love the bright, cheery colors and the great border. The baby's parents will be thrilled with this gift. ;o) Thanks for joining in the Sew and Tell!

Holly said...

ahh sweet circles. great job!

SueWis said...

Your choice of fabrics is wonderful for this quilt. I love the bright flying geese!

Leslie said...

this is stunning! i love all the bright colors, what a lucky little girl

Susan said...

Love this quilt! It really jumps out at you!

Pokey said...

Wow! That BIG geese border really finishes this bright top dramatically! This is a fun quilt!

KQuiltyBee said...

Whoa! This is fabulous. I love flying geese and now I love GIANT flying geese. Great work!

Catherine said...

Wow this is simply beautiful and you've done real justice to that large scale print.

Nina... said...

So colorful and mod! Great job!

Rene' said...

Great quilt. It looks so fun. I love the big bold center fabric you used. Thanks for sharing.

Sew It Up! said...

Very, very, very, very yummy quilt! I love the way it catches your eye.

Kristen said...

A happy looking quilt. Gorgeous center print.