Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sew & Tell #5

Yes I made it!! I managed to get all the presents I wanted to make finished. I was better this year and didn't overload myself at the last minute. I had even made a couple earlier in the year. The roll call is as follows.
First up is a bag I made for my MIL's birthday which fortunately/unfortunately is Christmas Day. I have some goodies to put inside it. I really loved how it turned out. I wasn't inspired to make this until I found the fabrics. I actually had some other fabrics picked out but had kept putting starting the bag off for a later time. Then I saw the fabrics at a local quilt store and knew instantly that it was what I was looking for.

Second up is the same bag but this one is for my Mum whose birthday is at the beginning of March. She likes birds and I had found the kokaburra fabric some time ago but was just waiting for the contrast fabric to be decided. I am not really enthused about I project until I get the right fabrics. Both bags are lined with spot fabric and have a pocket inside.

Thirdly we have a dolly carrier I made for a birthday present. I actually made 3 in one go - 1 for birthday present, 2 for Christmas presents. I was very proud of myself for thinking that far ahead. As it got closer to Christmas I was like I already have presents for xxx and xxx. Cross those off the list. Very satisfying I must say.

And finally I got my last table runner completed. The one I posted about last week was the naughty one. For some reason the backing fabric gave my hassles. Naturally I wasn't happy and that stressed me out but luckily this one behaved and it all came together very easily. I machined the binding again. Loving that technique (thanks again Red Pepper Quilts). I found it very hard to photograph the table runners and get all the fabrics because of their length.



We are heading off for a two week holiday next Saturday (its my Mum and Dad's turn for Christmas) so this will be my last sew and tell for a while. I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year.
Please take the time to head over to Amy's and have a look at all the other Sew and Tell entries.

15 comments:

beth said...

wow! you've accomplished SOOOO much! great job!

Sew It Up! said...

Nice job of finishing your projects. They all came out so pretty! Pat yourself on the back for a great job.

You have a safe and a Merry Christmas. Have fun!!

Sara said...

All of your gifts are really nice and you did a great job...

SueWis said...

Everything is so pretty. Love the bags! And the doll carrier is precious. Plus I'd like to make a table runner like yours.

ktquilts said...

Great job on all the finishes!!! Just one question, where did you get the pattern for the doll carrier? Me thinks I know some one who really needs one of those!!
Merry Christmas,
KT

Catherine said...

Wow Karen you've done so well to finish all your presents well before Christmas. I'm very impressed with the doll carriers. If my girls were a bit younger I would make them one each.

Leslie said...

the table runner is so pretty...and that doll carrier is adorable. great finishes

Pokey said...

Wow. A LOT of sewing, it's going to be a good Christmas at your house. I bet the doll bed will be a winner! My fav is the tumbler runner, it makes me want to mess with that pattern....

The Tripp Family said...

They're all beautiful! I love the table runner and just happen to have a simple abundance charm pack waiting to be used. Lucky me!!

Mrs Moen said...

Your finishes are all beautiful and I'm sure they will be highly appreciated! The doll carrier is so cute with the matching quilt and all.
Happy holidays!

Diane said...

Great work! Love that tumblers runner!

Nina... said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love all of your projects. Happy Holidays!

Rene' said...

Everything looks great. Good for you for finishing all your projects. Thanks for sharing.

Sue SA said...

Karen, I am so impressed with all the presents you made, they are lovely! I especially loved the doll carrier - is that a Rosalie Quinlan design from the Dolly club? I wished I had brought that pattern when i saw it (when we were both pregnant) despite having two boys!

Lara said...

WOW!! The doll carriers are amazing (as is everything else!!) where did you find the pattern, or is it your own?