Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sew and Tell #6

I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family - Gingham Rose. She has taken a long time to be born. The quilt was started when I saw the 'Gingham Rose' collection from Moda in my local quilt shop. What a stunning range. For those of you that have been quilting for a while you might remember this collection. I started piecing the quilt top late 2003 and only finished putting the binding on this week. Needless to say I am pretty chuffed with myself for having got it finished.

I am pretty sure I had bought the bulk of the backing fabric in 2004 but I didn't have enough so I raided the stash. I had a local long arm quilter quilt it with various designs. When I send a quilt out to be quilted I add the label before sending which has been saving me some time and ensuring that the quilt ends up with a label. If I am doing a pieced back I add some homespun so that becomes my label and then I am not sewing on a label later.

Sorry about the photos but try as I might I just couldn't capture a 'great' shot.














If you want some eye candy head over to Amy's for some other great finishes.


11 comments:

Nicole said...

How beautiful! I love the sneaky little nine-patch blocks. Great quilt.

Shontelle said...

Great quilt. Love the pieced backing. I think I should get into popping my label on before quilting - so many of my quilts are naked of label because I just can't be bothered. Love the photo of the quilt hanging over the porch railing.

Shasta said...

This looks great - great colorway.

Sew It UP! said...

Just lovely!

Pokey said...

Very nice! Aren't you glad you collected those prints?!?

Kristen said...

Wish I had a porch here to take a beautiful pic like that. My quilt backs are always made of bits and pieces too. I can't get enough of rose prints either. Great finish!

amylouwho said...

I LOVE this! Great colors and prints and quilt design. Really really nice. Thanks for sharing!!

Leslie said...

this is lovely. you did such an amazing job. pretty fabrics

paulette said...

I love your quilt...very effective the way you scattered 9 patches here and there. I make a quilt using these same fabrics...but I like yours better!
Paulette

Rene' said...

Great quilt. Love the pattern. Great way to piece the back too. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

That is one gorgeous quilt! Congrats! ;o)