Friday, March 26, 2010

Blogger Awards

Kylie over at Antmee has nominated me for an award. Thanks Kylie for the award and your great blog. I really enjoy reading your entries.

The rules for this award are:

1. Place the logo within your blog or post.
2. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within the post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received the award by commenting on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received the award.


Catherine from The Sewing Attic has nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger award. Thank you Catherine. I have only been blogging for such a short time so this is a lovely surprise. The rules of accepting this award are:
1.Thank the person who gave you this award.
2.Share 7 things about yourself.
3.Pass the award on to 5 bloggers who you have recently discovered and you think are fantastic!
4.Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

Ok now on to some things about me. Hopefully I can come up with 7 semi-interesting things about me. These are going to be in no particular order or importance.

1. I love, love, love to make things. My favourite being quilty things and making them for my family.
2. I have really enjoyed lately knitting up simple (and I mean super simple) items for a charity.
3. I really want to make more things for charity groups especially for the NSW Quilters Guild who make quilts for foster kids. Letters from recipients express how great it is to have something that is solely theirs.
4. I have way too many things I want to make but in reality may never get to do.
5. I don't think I will ever be able to stop buying fabric. There is just way too many divine fabrics available. Favourite at the moment is Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey.
6. I still find it hard to believe that I am married and have a son. I am sooo lucky to have such gorgeous and wonderful men in my life.
7. I am turning 40 this year but still feel like I am in my twenties. Most days anyway.


I am going to nominate my buddy Sue's blog. She is also new to blogging and makes wonderful things. Please check out her blog Mother Patchwork and give her some comment love.

( I know I am supposed to nominate more and ideally I would love to nominate all the blogs that I follow as I find so much inspiration from these but that just isn't practical)

4 comments:

antmee said...

Your most welcome Karen.

I'm off to check out "Mother Patchwork" since you have recommended it.

Catherine said...

Just checked out your friend blog, thanks for the recommendation. Nicey Jane is number one on my wish list too!

Sue SA said...

Ah thank you Karen, this has made my day/week/month! I have been out of touch from blogland due to a lack of pc access so its nice to come "home" and find out your appreciated!
Keep up the good work, quilts and blogs!
I think your dedication to making practial but beautiful items for charity is fantastic and certainly something close to my heart. The "girls" who work on the NSW Quilt Guild charity quilts, are very special ladies and produce a large number of quilts each year, even going to the trouble of trying to match quilt themes to individual kids who are having a hard time. Not an easy task when you only have donated fabric to work with.
Happy quilting, love Sue
PS love seeing your face on your new picture! Dont fear 40, it wasnt as hard as I thought, in fact it didnt hurt at all!

Vintage Girl/Marivel said...

hello:
congratulations for your awards.
best wishes