Friday, March 26, 2010

Sew and Tell #12

Well it was back to normal programming this week. My right arm (aka sewing machine) was out of action for a week for a service and a repair. I kind of forgot that the 1/4 inch foot is not compatible with zig zag stitch. Oopsy. So I don't really have much to show but I so love Amy's Sew and Tell Fridays (Saturdays here). Do yourself a favour and check all the wonderful finishes for this week.

I got my second block done for the Jelly Roll Sampler being run by Moose on the Porch Quilts. At this stage I am not really happy with my fabric choices but I am not making another one. Plus once its in the quilt surrounded by the other blocks and sashing it may well then be my favourite block.
I finished a couple of Poochie Bags for gifts. Pattern is from the talented Monica at Happy Zombie. They are gifts for some very cute people. It is an excellent pattern.
I also whipped up some flannel pillowcases for my son and his 2 cousins. I had a voucher for a local fabric shop and just coudn't let it go to waste. These were also the reason for the sewing machine repair.
My hubby finally bought me a new computer (laptop) as our very old one was very slow in downloading photos. Believe when I say a packed lunch was required when downloading. I still haven't got used to it yet though. However it is wonderfully quick compared to the old one and its not going to run out of virtual memory when I am trawling through Google Reader. This has been very frustrating when I am visiting all the entries in Sew and Tell.
We are having a final hurrah from summer here. Temps have been in the low 30 (degress celcius). Lucky the nights are bearable and the mornings coolish. Certainly the mad dash to the train station in the morning is not so sweaty for which my fellow commuters are thankful for I am sure.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Karen

11 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Those poochie bags are so cute! I had to go look to see why they're called that:) Nice finishes for this week.
I hope you enjoy your new computer!

Jessica said...

I'm sure that you are glad to having your sewing machine back! Nice projects this week.

pinksuedeshoe said...

Even though you say you didn't have "much to show" I am impressed with what you have finished! I really love the red prints in your block, that paisley is particularly adorable.

antmee said...

Loved the "packed lunch" bit. Made me laugh.

You sure got a lot done even with an injured sewing machine. Well done.

Leslie said...

these are lovely finishes!!!i love the block you are making for the sampler quilt.

Sew It UP! said...

I love poochie bags! They are great as gift bags too.
I'm interested to see the finished quilt to the block you are making. Thank you for sharing!

ivoryspring said...

Karen - you have been super productive! I love those poochie bags, and have in mind to make my little daughter the mini one! :)

Mary said...

I love the cute tote bags!

em's scrapbag said...

Darling poochie bags. And the block is nice and will look great in your quilt.

Rene' said...

Karen, you've done quite a bit. I love those poochie bags!! They are on my long list of to do's. Great flannel pillowcases as well. I like the paisley and red prints in your block. Congrats on the new laptop.

Rebecca said...

Those pillowcases just helped me decide what to do with some fabric in my stash - thanks! And those bags look great too!