Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sew and Tell #18

So for a change I started another quilt along. Yeah I know you are thinking she is quilt along crazy. But I just couldn't resist the one being run by Audrie at Blue is Bleu blog. My 'vintage' fabrics i.e. fabrics from my early days, were just begging me to use them. I am loving the challenge. Our first block is a star and we had to make 5 of them. I was very impressed with the way we were instructed to make our half square triangles. I got the best result i.e. most accurate block EVER! Here they are-










Now here they are all playing together nicely.



I also got my 25 blocks finished for the Charm Pack Quilt Along. Next up we will be putting the blocks together. Which means I need to make a decision. There were some great layouts we can use. Which one though????? How am I going to decide.



I am linking up with Amy's Sew and Tell where there are lots of other good stuff to feast on.

10 comments:

jlk said...

Those blocks look great! The points match so nicely.

Rene' said...

Karen, your blocks are perfect!!! Love to see them side by side. Have fun selecting the layout for the other quilt along.

p.s.phyllis sews said...

I love those blocks. I think I want to try some! Keep up the great work.....

pinksuedeshoe said...

Wow, those points are perfect. I am going to try and memorize every single word of her post about the triangles and see if I can make mine look nice and perfect!

Catherine said...

Such pretty stars. Sounds like a great quilt a long to use up some of your stash.

Leslie said...

your blocks look great and the colors you chose look so pretty together.

Katie B. said...

I'm going to have to check out Audrie's HST tutorial. Yours look great!

Carla said...

Those starts are perfect. I also played along with the Charm Pack Quiltalong. I finished the top and I used the diamond pattern. But they are all so pretty. Good luck choosing!

Michelle (LemonadeGal) said...

Love these blocks! Thank you for the links -- I'm going to go check those out. Can't wait to see the finished quilts!!

antmee said...

Your blocks look charming! They will make a great quilt. I also love all that pale blue gingham you have in your stash! Lucky girl!