Friday, October 22, 2010

Sew and Tell #20

Yipee!!! I have finished all my official blocks for the quilt along being designed by Audrie from Blue is Bleu.  These are the last of the small blocks.  82 more small blocks and I will have my queen size quilt.  Hows that for stash busting-make a big quilt.


I have even managed to get my borders on my Charm Pack Quilt Along.  I used some Moda 3 Sister  fabrics.  Boy can those fabrics shed threads despite having a new blade and handling with care.  I love this quilt top. It was a great quilt along.  Hopefully going to make a start on getting the quilt back done this weekend.  Going to do some stash busting for this.

Apologies for the photos in the shade but its already hot today with storms and rain on its way so needed to get the photos done while I could.  I am hoping after its quilted and bound I will be abale to get some more/better photos.


I am linking up with Amy's Sew and Tell.  Its a great way to see some fab stuff.
Happy weekend to you all!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Oooh... very pretty!! I can't wait to see it quilted.

Leah said...

Great progress on your quilt. Its going to look beautiful when done.

jlk said...

The quilt is so pretty!

ceo a\'s draiocht said...

Your Charm pack quilt along is gorgeous! Beautiful work.
Maggie
http://ceodraiocht.wordpress.com

Miri said...

So pretty! Lovely!

Vicki said...

wow, you're making the queen size quiltalong quilt? amazing. :)

Annette said...

Great quilt blocks. I love using up scraps.

Sue SA said...

Gorgous colours Karen, I am sure it will look great as a QS quilt. Impressed by your ability to get it all out of your stash, including the backing! Happy quilting, Sue SA.

KristyLou said...

I really like those soft colors. Very cool.

Catherine said...

This is so soft and pretty! Great stash busting. I like the last 2 photos of it moving in the breeze. How are you going to quilt it?

Kristen said...

That quilt is so soft and pretty! That quilt along is going to look great too!

antmee said...

You have great scraps! It's going to be a fabulous quilt!