Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gift Making 2010 - Part 2

Well how is everyone going with their preparations for Christmas (if applicable)?  Got all my pressies wrapped today.  I had lots of useful help (5yo was surprisingly very helpful).  He wrapped (just as good as his Dad) and practiced his writing on the tags. What surprised me was how long he stuck at doing the jobs.  Hopefully this is a good sign for his first year of school in 2011. I had a deadline of this coming Thursday as we are having Christmas with hubby's family then and Christmas Day will be spent with my family (they live about 400 km away).
I made another Poochie Bag.  This is a fab pattern. Thanks Monica. This bag is for a work colleague's daughter.  She will be going to hospital for a short stay soon and I thought she might like to take some precious things with her in a cute girly bag. These bags are wonderfully robust.  I love picking out the fabrics.

I made some Pleated Pouches.  I found the tutorial on Skip To My Lou. Its a great pattern.  I faced my zipper fear but am not sure I won the battle. The zippers are in but pretty sure its a crappy job. Nevertheless they are functional and hopefully recipients will be too busy opening and looking for the gift inside than examing my zipper inserting technique (fingers crossed anywway).


 Lastly I made some bookmarks.  Great way to use up some leftover jelly roll strips of Simple Abundance. I got the pattern from 7 Layer Studio.

Also made some bookmarks for some boys. All the ribbon for all the bookmarks is from a very small stash.  I congratulated myself for keeping ribbon from various gifts.  It certainly came in handy for these gifts. See I wasn't just hoarding it for nothing (LOL).

Take care my blog readers and I will catch up with you soon.

4 comments:

jlk said...

What cute little gifts! I really like the zippered pouches. What a cute thing to have around!

Sue SA said...

Great gifts Karen and the zips look OK to me. I must say that I avoided zips for a long time, but the more you do them the easier they get! I love the bookmarks, what a great idea. Have a great Christmas with your family and have a safe journey also. Happy quilting, Sue.

antmee said...

You are super organized! I haven't done a thing for Christmas yet! Doing the shopping part on Saturday and hopefully posting cards tomorrow! Or it will be too late!

So, well done to you! All your gifts look sweet. Especially those pouches! Love the pattern.

Catherine said...

Lovely gifts Karen! Nicethat your little boy enjoyed helping you out. Sounds like he ready for the bigstep of going to school. With all those zippered pouches you must be getting pretty good at inserting a zipper!