Friday, December 3, 2010

Gift Making 2010

Well the silly season is fast approaching and I have most of my present shopping done.  Cards have been posted.  I don't think I have ever been this organised.  I have made some presents but kept it to mainly small things. However I did want to make one big thing for a beautiful girl.  I used the Avalon pattern from Material Obsession Book 1 and used all flannels.  It has wool batting and was quilted with an all over meander pattern.  The photos really don't do it justice but it is so soft and snuggly.  It will be great in the cool weather.

Earlier in the year I had bought my Mum and Mother-In-Law a cup/mug each and then the mug rug craze started.  Of course I then had to make one for each. I used scraps left over from a Simple Abundance jelly roll.

 Lastly I got the 3rd block in the layer cake quilt along finished.  Love this block.  Its my favouite so far.
I just have a few little more gifts to make and to put the tree up.  Maybe this arvo if the motivation is there.

6 comments:

traceyjay said...

that quilt is gorgeous! I wish I could feel it. :) And the mug rugs are perfect. And I love hunky dory... too cute. :)

Sue SA said...

I love the matching mug rugs for the cups you brought, very cute. And given me inspiration for a present I have that is outstanding, thank you!
Happy quilting Sue.

Catherine said...

Gorgeous quilt Karen! I'm so envious of how you are so organised so early for Christmas.

Diane said...

Karen, I can't believe you have your shopping done and cards posted already AND you got these projects done! Love the quilt ... it looks so warm and snuggly!

Cara said...

Love the quilt and mug rugs!

antmee said...

Now that is my type of quilt! It so inspires me to go shopping for 12 fat quarters of fabric I am so in love with and make a quilt just like it for my bed. So at night I can snuggle into my beloved fab fabric instead of saying goodnight to it each night in the sewing room! lol