Monday, February 21, 2011

Routine & why its missing

We won't even mention how long its been since my last post. Abysmal is the word.  I am finding it very hard to get into a routine lately which has been mainly due to my little man starting school. He has settled in wonderfully but my days and nights have changed and it still doesn't feel quite normal yet. There has been virtually no creating at all happening in this neck of the woods. Want to know his biggest fear about starting school?  He was worried that he would have to walk to school by himself. He was quite relieved that Mum or Dad would be walking with him.  Its only a 5 minute walk from our house. This has been a huge bonus and I love walking him to and from school on my non-work days. I even was brave enough to tackle canteen duty last Friday.

Next up is the house blocks I won as part of Beth's neighbourhood quilt project. Thank you to the ladies that made these great blocks.  I will definitely be adding some trees but that is as far as I've got as to thinking about the finished design. Any other ideas anyone?

I hopefully will see you all sooner rather than later.  I really need to get to bed and get some shut eye. I so nearly missed my train station this afternoon because I was snoozing.

8 comments:

jlk said...

He looks so cute! Pretty soon it will be old hat and your creative time will return.

Jodi said...

Karen, enjoy that walk every day that you can! My son soon got so he didn't want to be seen with me, or his Dad! Crushing! But luckily, that, too, passes!

Jodi said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, I made a house for that neighborhood, too! Riel got mine from quispamsisquilter.blogspot, and I love what she did with hers. Yours is going to be so fun and beautiful!

Shasta said...

Starting school is such a great milestone! I think that a routine is easier to make when a child is in school, because you can base it off the school schedule. The house blocks are cute. I think a school house block would be appropriate.

Rachaeldaisy said...

How lovely you get to walk your son to school. Your creative mojo will come back at the right time. The neighbourhood houses look wonderful!!

Sue SA said...

Your baby has grown up, well not all the way, thankfully, its nice to keep them little for a bit longer!
The houses are cute, I think some animals would be good - either Australian or pets? Hmm I know that sounds hard but I have foundation pieced patterns for animals that are very cute and fun to make. Happy quilting Sue SA.

Catherine said...

Yes enjoy these first few days, weeks, months of going to school because soon enough he will be all independent and not need you around so much. Just this last year my youngest seems to have outgrown holding my hand and I miss it!! Great neighborhood houses! What a fun quilt this will be:)

antmee said...

Enjoy the walks to school! I know I would love to go back to when my kids were small and walk them again. My kids soon wanted to walk by themselves and silly paranoid old me use to wait till they had rounded the first corner, then race after them, stalking all the way to the front gate! lol

The same when my first wanted to take the bus. I would still drive to school to make sure she got off at the correct school. and watched her at the end of the day board the bus for home. The bus driver use to wave to me and if my daughter fell asleep on the way home, his office would ring me to say he will drop her off outside my gate at the end of his run.

Actually, I have changed my mind. I do not want to go through all that again!