Friday, February 25, 2011

Sew and Tell #21

Time for Sew and Tell again.  Yipee!!!! You can find lots of wonderful inspiration here. Believe me.  Its one of the reasons I started blogging, so I could join in.

I have a few things to share.  First cab off the rank is block 9 from the Layer Cake Quilt Along.  This is the latest block.  I am so glad I added some solids otherwise Hunky Dory would have been a nightmare to work with. It just doesn't have enough of the small accent prints for this type of project.  It does however have an abundance of gorgeous large prints.

Next is block 8.  I was pretty behind but have now caught up. This block was challenging for us using layer cakes as you needed 2 squares of the same fabric.  I didn't so I just used a solid.  This block is a bit boring for me.  I do love the print fabric though. Once put in with a quilt top it might make a nice resting place for the eyes and give nice contrast to some of the other busier blocks.


Lastly this is block 7.  I am very taken with this block.  I really like the mix of colours and prints.


Coincidentally I also finished my Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt in January. This was the predecessor to the Layer Cake Quilt Along. I love this quilt. It has already passed the snuggle test. I used Bonnie & Camille's 'Simple Abundance' range. It had a fantastic range of colours and prints. It is quilted with an allover meander.



Early February I finished my 'On the Road to Spring' quilt along.  This quilt is HUGE and is now on our bed. It has also been quilted with an allover meander. I raided my stash for most of these fabrics.  I love looking at all the different fabrics.  The squares are a linen/cotton blend.  The quilt along started last year and was organised by Randi from Fresh Squeezed Fabrics/I Have To Say blog. It was a great quilt along and the pattern was easy to adapt to any size you wanted.  Great for me as I love bed sized quilts.


Best wishes to everyone.

17 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful blocks, I love hunky dory!

jlk said...

Love all your finishes!

Meg said...

I am a huge Hunky Dory fan! Love your finished quilt as well!

Leslie said...

that quilt along quilt is beautiful!!! you did an amazing job

Patty@sewingseeds said...

Wow, you've been busy. Everything is so beautiful. Great fabric choices.

Nina... said...

Beautiful blocks! Your quilts are gorgeous!

Catherine said...

Wow great finishes Karen! Both the quilts are beautiful!! I'm loving the hunky dory blocks, they are going to look so good altogether.

Shawn said...

Wow you have been sewing a lot and it all looks wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Charming's Mama said...

Oh my goodness you have been busy. Love your finished blocks

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Totally gorgeous!

Sue SA said...

I love seeing your quilts because your colour choices are so different from mine, but I love them! I think I am going to make it a goal to make one quilt out of my colour comfort range - will you come fabric shopping with me?! Hmm perhaps I can work towards a quilting weekend in Sydney next year for the show... now just got to tell DH!
Great finishes, you have been VERY busy, Happy quilting Sue SA.

Jodi said...

Karen, I love all three of those blocks, especially the pink and solid white! Thanks for commenting on my blog about my jazzy jewels on my design wall. My projects are coming along very sloooowly, but it's fun!

Laura said...

Very nice! Love the spinning block!

Dayna said...

These are beautiful!

Rene' said...

Karen, both of your quilt along quilts turned out beautifully! I also like your blocks. Great finishes.

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's nice to see all those finished quilts! And they're beautiful. The blocks are stunning too.

antmee said...

I love all your quilts! You have some beautiful fabric to work with an the results are fantastic!