Saturday, April 16, 2011

All blocks done in the Layer Cake Quilt Along

It has been a busy house lately which means its been very quiet on the creating front. Even while not creating much I have been enjoying reading blogs in my reader.  So much creativity out there and everyone just enjoying themselves being creative. I love it!

I finished Block 11 in the Layer Cake Quilt Along.  Let's just say I like the design but it was a disaster to get together. I haven't even measured it for size.  Too scared. I should also say when I saw how fiddly it was going to be I put it off for as long as possible. Not very brave eh? But you do need to be in the right head space to tackle these things. 

This is Block 12 in the Layer Cake Quilt Along.  This is the last block.  Already??? I can't believe we have got to the end so quickly. This one was a breeze.  There was very few fabric choices left by the time I got to this block.  Can you tell? I have got the cutting done for putting the blocks together but there will be no chance for sewing until well after Easter.
We are going to a 6 year old birthday party tomorrow.  I thought I would try making a cushion.  I found fantastic inspiration from Anni Downs' book 'A Boys Story'. Of course I had to make two.  I can't say no when my son cutes me up. Its a lovely size cushion.  I made an envelope back for the first time.  Easy as. All fabrics are from 'the stash'. So goood!


We are on loose tooth alert.  We have our first loose tooth and it requires a lot of examining apparently. I  certainly wasn't expecting that so soon but he is 5 so it was going to happen sooner or later.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

jlk said...

what a cute pillow!

Catherine said...

Love these last 2 blocks Karen! Isn't that pale yellow print in block 12 sweet. Great boys pillow too! Good luck with the loose tooth :) Sometimes it seems that they are loose for a long time before the eventually fall out.

Sue SA said...

Great birthday present, you are so good to MAKE something (let alone TWO), I dont work and I go and BUY party presents! Looking forward to seeing all the blocks together. Have a great Easter and hope you get some fun sewing time soon, happy quilting Sue.

Hideaway Girl said...

Love the pillow! It is refreshing to see a cute boy project. I also have a 5 year old son - no loose teeth yet, but he still likes to check often. Such a fun age!!!