Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yeah I have a finish or two!

Good evening bloggers! I have a couple of finishes to show. I decided to make my son a flannel quilt.  I used a Material Obsession pattern from their first book.  Its a cracking pattern for flannel. My local long armer quilted it. The quilting looks fabulous on the flannel.  Its so cuddly.  The feature fabrics are from Riley Blake's All Star range. I did a pieced back. Its a great size for a single bed and for a boy growing up fast.



After a very late Saturday night I made great inroads into getting my Layer Cake Quilt Along top done.  The incentive was to get it done and a picture posted so I could be included in the prize draw. I made it with a day or two to spare.  I love this quilt top.  I used a Hunky Dory layer cake.  I had to use some solids as there wasn't enough small prints to make the blocks work like I wanted.  You will probably be able to pick out the blocks I made before deciding to add the solids. They kinda look like a mess. Nevertheless they are in there.  I love the stars we made for the sashings.  The sashing and border fabrics are also Hunky Dory fabrics.  I followed Konda's instructions to the 'T'.  There are some great quilts popping up in the Flickr pool.


Last year my Mother-in-law gave me a chrysanthemum for Mother's Day.  I thought it had died but next thing you know its sending up green shoots and eventually flowers just in time for Mother's Day tomorrow. They look so pretty in our small courtyard.


Finally I just want to say Happy Mother's Day to all the Mum's tomorrow.  I am so excited to be celebrating with my son tomorrow.  He is so excited to give me the present he bought from the Mother's Day stall at school.  He told me when he saw 'it' he just knew I would love it.  He is having a hard time waiting for me to open it. I am so proud to be his Mum. He brings so much light and love into our lives. Thank you baby boy. 

Happy stitching & Mother's Day!

4 comments:

jlk said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I love both your finishes this week. That flannel quilt must be so soft.

Sue SA said...

Great finishes Karen, thanks for the eye candy! I love the addition of the white, its a great colour combination, so fresh and pretty. Gorgous flannel quilt, looks snuggly, perfect for this time of year when the evenings/mornings are cold.

Have a great mothers day. I was brought breakfast in bed, but quickly found it wasnt as nice as I had imagined...far nicer sharing it with the rest of the family at the table!

Happy quilting, Sue

Rachaeldaisy said...

Happy Mother's Day!! I love your flannel quilt, it looks so soft and cosy, perfect as the weather turns cooler. Your Layer Cake quilt is a beauty as well!!

Catherine said...

Great finishes Karen! I love them both, the quilting on your son's quilt is lovely and snuggly looking and your Hunky Dory quilt is just so pretty. Nice work ,hope you had a lovely Mother's day yesterday!