Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ta dah!

Here is my quilt top in all its glory. I am thinking of calling it 'Last Hurrah'. It is  more than likely the last time these fabrics will ever appear in any of my quilts. They are older style fabrics that just don't 'float my boat' anymore. The original pattern went to the last white border. To make it bigger I just had to make a bazillion 6 inch blocks. The cutting of all the different fabrics was probably the most painful but I am so glad I did it. 




Have a good week friends!  You never know but I may even have another post next week. Yeah wouldn't that be a miracle! Wish me good sewing vibes for tomorrow (its Bank Holiday and I have the day off. Nice!) so I can get a project completely finished. Wonder what it is?

10 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love your quilt!! All those beautiful blocks, so much work!! The white borders throughout really set the blocks off by framing them. Have a fun day off, lucky you!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

Karen, this turned out to be really beautiful. I love all the colors and fabrics...memory lane kind of fabric, huh? It really does look like it must have taken forever to complete. But it's well worth it and really lovely.

traceyjay said...

It's very beautiful! I like it!

jlk said...

It looks great! Have a great holiday tomorrow. Hope you get a lot of sewing done.

Jan said...

I love this quilt. Great job!

Diane said...

Karen, this is beautiful! with all those different fabrics you managed to get just the right contrast to make the stars pop. Nice job!

Catherine said...

Wow Karen! This is beautiful! So colourful and those white borders keep your eye moving around the quilt. Bet you feel good to get that one finished!

Sue SA said...

It looks great Karen, well worth the effort of all those extra six inch blocks! HOpe you had a productive/relaxing day today, happy quilting Sue.

antmee said...

Your 'last hurrah' turned out to be well worth the effort!! It's beautiful!

I hope you got some great sewing done on your day off.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

It's gorgeous!!!!!!