Sunday, July 15, 2012

Quilt Show Purchases 2012

My annual pilgrimage to the NSW Quilters Guild Quilt Show was a wonderful day just for me. I had a wonderfully contented day wandering amongst the beautiful quilts. You can see the winning quilts here.

Part of the day also involves wandering around the shops enticing us with yummy fabrics and patterns. There was no way I could resist. So without further ado, the eye candy.








I obviously have a thing for spots. To me they are so cute and alluring they just had to come home with me. I have no plans for any of this fabric but I have no doubt it will show up somewhere.

So here is the question, what is the one fabric design/colour that you just can't resist?

7 comments:

Sue SA said...

Ohh ahhh, green, orange, aqua and pink what a gorgeous collection of fabrics. I do find it hard to resist shirtings, but spots "speak" to me also!

Catherine said...

Goodness you have picked some gorgeous fabrics here Karen! I was drooling at every photo. I am always drawn to spots (like you) and stripes when choosing fabrics as I think they make good binding or sashing choices. As for colour I try and pick colours that are lacking in my stash which seems to always be yellows, oranges and reds. Thanks for the eye candy.

jlk said...

Pretty eye candy! I love dots, too. Can't ever have enough!

Rene' said...

Karen, you scored some lovely fabrics!!!! So many fun ones in these collections. I can't wait to see which fabrics you choose to use in the Super Nova quilt. I've been relatively good lately about not buying too much fabric, but it's hard to resist any Kaffe and I now find myself eyeing text fabric ;-)

Rachaeldaisy said...

I think I'll tag along behind you next year, you know to find such fun fabric. I love spots too, they're fun ,bubbly and fit it with everything.I love your Material Obsession kit too!! Awesome fabrics!!

smazoochie said...

Oooo, great haul! And very dotty!
Looking forward to living in Rachael's Daisy Town with you!

antmee said...

I also collect spotty fabric. I think it is because they are so useful matching to other fabric in my projects.

Love the bag handle. Looks top shelf!!