Saturday, August 11, 2012

Photo a day July 2012 Part 1

So I made it through all of July, taking a photo each day.  I thought I might break it up into 2 posts with a short description of each photo. This is more for my benefit because the memory just ain't what it used to be. I guess its also a way of you getting to know me better. OK let's see how we go.



July 1 - self portrait. This is one of the very few adult photos of me that I like. I so much prefer being behind the camera. Its about 5 years old. I was 3 months pregnant with my son at the time.
July 2 - busy.  I catch the train to and from work and it can get quite busy in the afternoon especially just before the express train arrives.
July 3 - best part of your day. This topic just happened to fall on a work day so the best bit was turning off the work computer for the day.
July 4 - fun. For my son that means wrestling big ted and trying out his 'finisher' move.  Poor big ted.



July 5 - on the floor. It was school holidays and we went ten-pin bowling.
July 6 - chair.  The chair was my maternal Grandmother's and the blanket was made by my paternal Grandmother. It is so colourful and I am just so honoured to have it.  The cushion I made.  I spent many a Saturday afternoon sitting in my Grandmother's room reading and chatting with her. Special times indeed.
July 7 - garden.  A tiny bud on my chrysanthemum plant.  Way out of season but ever so pretty.
July 8 - lunch.  A very tasty Vietnamese pork roll from my local bakery.

July 9 - big.  I really struggled with this one. It was a day I worked and I tried to capture some of the big buildings in the city during my lunch break but it just wasn't happening. So I gave up and went and shopped for some clothes for my son.  As I was leaving I saw the poster and had my light bulb moment as to what my capture was going to be.
July 10 - your favourite colour.  Well I just love colour! How on earth was I ever going to pick just one? I just pulled out a yummy fabric.  I love the colour and design on this fabric.
July 11 - letter.  You might need to use your imagination with this one. I used the Sydney Hospital's windows to sort of make an 'm'.
July 12 - texture.  This is a photo of  a patch of bark on the tree in our courtyard.

If you made it here, thank you.  See you soon with the next installment.


4 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Karen, these photos are wonderful!! It's so interesting to see how you interpreted the daily themes. I enjoyed the descriptions too. Looking forward to the rest of the month.

Rene' said...

I like how you are splitting up the month and telling us a little about each photo. I have yet to complete a month....

Sue SA said...

Great photos, and love having the descriptions that give us so much insight.

Catherine said...

Well done in getting all your photo challenges done! I LOVE your chair with the blanket and cushion on it! So bright and colourful and full of family history and meaning to you...