Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sugar Block Club 2014


I had a bit of an epiphany last year when I saw the blog post by Amy Gibson from Stitchory Dickory Dock about her Sugar Block Club for 2014. I had seen the blocks from the 2013 club and admired them from afar. So when the details of the 2014 club came up I signed up! Even better I signed up a fellow quilting friend as a surprise Christmas gift.  One block a month seemed very manageable to me.
 
Now my quilting buddy who I also signed up, Sue, just happens to live in another state.  So to share our blocks we are going to blog about them.  Sue is a regular blogger, unlike myself, so I am hoping that doing a blog post once a month will get me back into the swing and blog about what I make so I can keep a record of them.

Below is my take on January's block.  I am planning to use fabrics from my stash and there will definitely be spots in probably every block.  You can see Sue's block here.


 
 
The fabric below is the inspiration for my Sugar Block Club quilt.  I would love to use it as a border but will wait and see if it will be usable.  It would require fussy cutting for a border and the burning question of whether there would be enough.  I bought the last of the bolt and it was quite some time ago that I bought it.



Take care.

4 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Yay! It's wonderful to hear you'll be blogging again. It'll be fun to see your blocks each month. You're off to a great start with that first one. I really love the inspiration fabric, such beautiful colours and luscious flowers!!

Rene' said...

Karen, welcome back to the blogosphere! Great block, and I love your choice of fabrics.

Sue SA said...

YUM! Love that rasberry with aqua, what a great colour combo! I am sure that these colours will be easy to match if you dont have enought of the feature fabric, but then again I am sure you will find a way to make it stretch, it is so beautiful. Welcome back to blogging!

Abi said...

Oh the flower fabric is to die for! I love triangles on a quilt - your work looks perfect and highly skilled!!!