Friday, November 7, 2014

Baby Wraps including a mini-tutorial
























Loving the handmade like I do I have found a way to share/use my fabric and give a present to friends who are expecting a baby. As much as I would like to make everyone a quilt I just don't have the time to do so.  As a compromise I take a yard/metre of feature fabric which can be quilting cotton or voile and a yard/metre of flannel, put them right sides together, sew them together using a half inch seam allowance (leave a gap for turning), turn inside out to bring the right sides of the fabric out and then do 2 rows of machine stitching around the edge to close the gap and finish the edge off.  Dadahhhh!  One perfectly pretty and serviceable handmade wrap/blanket made in a relatively short amount of time.

Its a great way to show off a big print and use some gorgeous feature fabrics.  I never have that much flannel on hand so I more often than not need to shop for that.  It really satisfies my love of making something for those precious bubbas and their families.

4 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

These wraps are gorgeous!! Such cute fabrics! They are such a thought gift.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oops , I mean a thoughtful gift :)

Stephanie said...

These are adorable and useful and so cozy for baby. Parents would be thrilled to receive one. I love your fabric choices too!

Sue SA said...

Gorgeous prints and such a great present. I have done this before myself, but used flannel both sides, but I prefer your idea for one side of cotton as the print options are so much better and its then appropriate for summer also :)